Friday, May 7, 2010

Fabulous First Impression




For my first blog I want to talk about why I can to the Abbey. My older sister had done the British Studies program and worked in the International Program office with Jessica Lamb. Even before I came to Southern Miss I knew that I wanted to study abroad. The Abbey Program was in fact one of the reason’s I came to Southern Miss. I could not think of anything more wonderful than living in a thousand year old Abbey studying literature, art and history. I was so excited about the places I was going to see and people I was going to meet along the way. I was ready for the adventure. I will never forget the first time I saw the Abbey. I slept on the bus next to Lindsey Cornwall. We were instantly friends. I remember stepping of the bus being greeted by Sami’s Saint’s hat. The snow was on the ground and as I looked at the side of the chapel I could not believe that this dream had become reality. It was so cold outside. It had been a long time since I had been around snow. That afternoon after Chelsea and I got our stuff unpacked Sarah, Cody, Chelsea, Nathan, and I went exploring the grounds. We went to the Hershey kiss forest and the reflection pond. It is so weird to reflect on this now. Then we went to the Pontlevoy Catholic Church. This is the first time I had ever seen a European church. I remember the architecture was on like anything I had ever seen. My first memories at the Abbey will always be very special to me. So when you future Abbey students first look at the Abbey remember to savor the way you felts and your thoughts. One helpful website that all future Abbey student should now is www.hostelworld.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment