Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 3, 2010

I wrote the following few paragraphs in my journal for this trip.  I advise all future Abbey students to keep a journal and to KEEP UP WITH IT!  I thought sharing one entry from mine would be nice for future students to see how this program will effect you.  So here goes...

Me and Annah
    I have one week left at the Abbey.  This has truly become a place I call home for many reasons.  I have laughed here.  I have cried here.  I have fought iwh tmy friends.  I have cried about my family.  I have learned so much more about myself than I ever thought possible.  Leaving will be the hardest thing I have had to do in my life so far.  I will be leaving a piece of myslef behind.  No one back home will understand this experience.  It's not something that can be described.  It has to be experienced, the pain and suffering along with the joys and excitement.  None of it can be fully explained.  Annah said somehting a few days ago that rings very true: It's going to seem like a dream.  I totally agree.  he ones who were here will know what happened, but no one else can comprehend it all. 
    Going home will be extremely bittersweet.  Felicity and Christina (my older sisters)  are counting down on Facebook, but I told Daddy via Skype that I didn't want to talk about leaving.  Leaving is just so definite.  oNce we're done, we're done.  Pontlevoy will never have the same 43 students and six professors, Jessica, Gabe, Joe, Dr.  Mackaman, or Robbie all together again.  Home will always be there.  Family too.  But the Abbey is about to change forever, again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment