Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things I wish I would of Known

Before comming to the Abbey I started packing and making lists weeks in advance.
These are some of the things I wish I would of known:

1. It is cold in February but the cold pretty much lasts till the Spring Semester. Pack a Coat and a fleece. Not 5 different fleeces and 4 pullover sweaters and 2 running fleeces and a rain coat and a Pea Coat. Unecessary
2. I love my hair straghtner, but did it work here even with an adapter? No. Theres a chance yours could? But all the American straightners here either do not work or blew up when plugged in. So save yourself the trouble of packing one, and just buy a european one and split the price with a friend.
3. The INTERNET is not fast or always working ever. So if your planning like I did to Skype your friends and family everyday its just not going to happen. When the Internet is working it is usually slow unless you go to a classroom then its seemingly better. But for the most part its just not very good so prepare yourself and use the time not connected to the World Wide Web to connect to your Abbey friends, you'll be happy you did.
4. Pack only the things you love and know you'll wear everyday or can mix match with other things. Trust me when you get here you will go shopping most likely or buy miscellaneous things and all of a sudden your making an extra trip to Blois for another suitcase. Before I left I packed two weeks in advance and slowly took things out but I wish I would of really laid out outifts and thought about the things I was bringing I really just didn't need it all. Think twice, three times and maybe even 5times?
5. Pack a pair of shoes for the winter time and one for spring. Nothing like wearing your Ugg boots when its 79degrees outside and your getting a tan.

Most importantly pack an openmind and prepare yourself for new things, new environments and new people. Always be optimistic and patient. You will only always have as much fun as you allow yourself to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment